Look for a lawyer who has experience and a good record settling personal injury cases.
The website Avvo offers the following:
Top 10 tips for choosing a good personal injury attorney
- Identify your needs.
- Research several lawyers.
- Make sure you feel a positive connection.
- Notice whether the attorney seems caring and knowledgable.
- Ask who will actually be working on your case.
- Decide whether you can trust the attorney.
- Beware of overblown promises.
- Ask for their track record.
- Come away with a meaningful action plan.
- Make sure the paperwork is right before you sign it.
Some of the ways to find an attorney who specializes in personal injury include:
- Ask your friends, family or business associates;
- Call your state bar association.;
- Look at legal websites like Avvo.com and SuperLawyers.com.